Monday, June 7, 2010

Getting there

Well I made it through check in only 15 minutes after the counter opened. Had to stand in line for an hour and a half to be third but what else did I have to do. I looked for Altoids for a while but could not find any. Everything here is a lot more expensive than Phoenix. \


The many people in the terminal go around like ants with a purpose in a land of mystery. Everyone seems like they know what they are doing but not necessarily how to do it.

A lot of people are coming up to me to ask how to do something or where something is, I don’t know. How to get the internet, where is this gate, what time is it (there are big clocks everywhere), and all other types of questions. We have every age from stroller to walker. Volleyball teams, school/university trips, and entire extended families. It is very loud. You almost don’t notice it after a while. Then you go into the elevator or the bathroom and it is quiet, deafeningly quiet. Peaceful.

I just passed though security and it went as fast as in Phoenix. No problems at all. Quick as could be. It is real quiet at the gate. Not many people but I fight is next and it is still an hour and a half away. I guess I didn’t need such an early flight from Phoenix. If this gets me a good seat in the plane everything else is worth it. Our society is technology assimilated. If the person is awake, they are on a computer, cell phone, iPod, or some similar electronic device. Only one person is reading and the little kids can’t seem to do any one thing for too long at a time. At a quarter to ten in an airport people are tired and they show it. There are a few ladies with religious habits (on the head).

I have arrived in Bangkok. It was a good trip for the most part. I had a window seat and a nice guy, Randy Ross, sitting next to me. The problem was that he was large and snored. He runs a technology consultant company and divides this time between Los Angeles and Thailand where he also lives. Must be nice. He lives on the beach and does his work by internet. The people on Thai Airlines are extremely nice and helpful. I spent most of my time sleeping.

Going from my arrival gate to my departure gate was like walking Town and Country four times back and forth. This place is huge and you have to walk a long ways for transfers. My ticket said I only had 65 minutes from landing to departing but even after all the walking I had at least that amount of time waiting at the gate.

Thai (at least the way I say it) – Thank You : Kup Kun Kap; Hello/Good : Bye Sa Wa Dee; Where is ____ : ____ You Neye; Toilet : Hung Nam; How much : Tao Reye

This should be great but I think my bag is to big/heavy.

-Vietnam doesn't allow Facebook, usually
I got scammed. About that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment